Creates new symbol on drawing and manages the rotation to match the project north settings.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the extension:
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download MSI Installer from Tekla Warehouse
- Install and run MSI Installer
- Start Tekla Structures
- Open an existing drawing and you will see:
(v2016) A new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
To use the extension:
- From within a drawing, run the plugin from the new toolbar or double-click on the thumbnail in the Applications & components side pane.
- Select a point anywhere in the drawing or drawing viewview that includes selected model objects or an area in the model, that is represented in a drawing
A drawing view is a container for model and drawing objects.
A drawing can include several drawing views, which usually are two-dimensional views, plane views, to the model.
Examples of drawing views in Tekla Structures include main views, section views, single-part views, and 3D views.
Under the main Tekla Structures Menu for Tools > Options > Options: Orientation marks, set the North direction field to measure from the x-axis the degrees to point north for the project.
Import your north symbol into the symbol editortool in Tekla Structures that is used for creating and modifying symbols to be used in drawings, reports, and templates
The symbols are saved in symbol files.
and orientate so that north is up on screen, as shown below.
Create new symbol setting files that use the symbol filefile that contains symbols
The symbol file in use can be changed in the symbol files dialog box.
where the north graphic is located. You might want several new setting files if you have text as part of the symbol that needs to be positioned different relative to the symbol. In such cases, you might need multiple symbols in the same file, but different cell positions. You need these saved attribute files for symbols in order to be able to reference them in the plugincomponent that is developed using Tekla Open API
Plugin is a .dll file and loaded inside Tekla Structures process.
Plugins can be started from the applications and components catalog.
- This extension is intended to be used only on plan drawings.
- More information on Symbol Editor and Symbol files: https://teklastructures.support.tekla.com/2017/en/dra_symbols