Match Line tool adds a customizable match line by clicking multiple points on a drawing viewview that includes selected model objects or an area in the model, that is represented in a drawing
A drawing view is a container for model and drawing objects.
A drawing can include several drawing views, which usually are two-dimensional views, plane views, to the model.
Examples of drawing views in Tekla Structures include main views, section views, single-part views, and 3D views.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the application:
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download MSI Installer from Tekla Warehouse
- Install and run MSI Installer
- Start Tekla Structures
- Open an existing drawing
- Before version 2016:A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible when a drawing is opened. 2016 version and newer: a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
To use the plugins:
- Set up match line color and type by saving away settings within the Create Polyline settings. The line types are limited to the first seven options in the pull down list.
- Open the match line tool and load the Polyline setting.
- Specify a line thickness by setting the Number of Lines to be created and their Line Spacing. This approach is used so that the user doesn’t have to use up a pen color only to create a heavy match lines. The user can instead use one of their standard pen colors and still achieve the desired pen weight.
- With the settings set, the user can save away a match line setting file.
Create match line
- Open drawing.
- Click toolbar.
- Pick points on a drawing view (user must pick points within a view extrema)
- Middle mouse click at last point.
Modify match line
Match line can be moved as a whole but not stretched.
Delete match line
Select object and right click – delete.
- Match line snap points cannot be individually adjusted after its inserted. Modification is limited to moving the entire match line or just creating the match line.
- Match line types cannot use user-defined line types; only the scalable Tekla linetypes can be used (the first 6 listed in the polyline dialog box).