This function allows users with to read and write User Defined Attributes (UDA’s) of any object directly to and from the Tekla Model. It is intended for use by model checkers, concrete or steel fabrication shop managers or site erection or installation superintendents in order to track and verify objects back to the Tekla Structures Model.
This tool works within any configuration or license of Tekla Structures and there is also an embedded Data Exchanger available which has similar functionality but is launched from within a Tekla Structures model
The file created can be saved locally and transferred electronically via email or can be saved using a cloud based file sharing service.
To install the application:
- Install the Data Exchanger Lite, available from Tekla Warehouse.
- Launch the tool from the Start Menu
To use the application:
- Launch from the Start Menu
- Open the xml file received from the Tekla model.
- Edit the fields as required
- Once complete, save the file.
- To save the file with a different name, use Save, As
- The list can be filtered using text strings entered in the search box.
- To keep the dialog box on top of all other windows, click the ‘Stay on Top’ icon. When activated it will show a border around the graphic.
- Changes made to the file while the dialog remains open can be applied to the dialog can be applied to the dialog by clicking the ‘Refresh’ icon
All of the settings for this tool are defined in the embedded application.
- The object types available
- The column headers visible
- The type of date that can be entered
For concise help on customization or further information, see the help file for the Data Exchanger