Makes placing concrete columns quicker and easier. This tool creates the column and has a very easy dialog box to set. The column is based on the point that the user picks and either a length or absolute elevation. This tool is included in the Concrete Tools extension.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the application:
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download MSI Installer from Tekla Warehouse
- Install and run MSI Installer
- Start Tekla Structures
- Open Model
- Before version 2016: A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible. For 2016 version and newer: a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
To use this tool, the user needs to select a point in the model where the pileslender column or pole that is put into the ground to carry loads or to provide support
Pile may be made of precast or cast-in-place concrete, or steel.
needs to be created.
This tab allows the user to set the offset vertically from the selection point and the overall length of the column. If you choose Column Height method, you specify the total length of the column from top to bottom. If you choose Top Elevation, you specify the absolute top elevation of the column. The user also has control over object position to offset from the selection point.
This tab allows the user to set the name, profile, material, classpart property that groups parts according to identifiers given by the user
The identifiers of classes are usually numbers. Classes can be used for defining the color of parts in the model, for example. Class does not influence the numbering of model objects.
, prefix, start numberfirst number of a numbering series
and pour phasepart property that defines which cast-in-place concrete parts form a pour object
Pour phase can be used to prevent cast-in-place concrete parts from merging into one pour object.
of the pile.
- In order for the behavior to update and be dynamic you must leave as a plugin. Using Select Objects in Components switch on the select toolbar you can reinforce and detail the column manually, otherwise when you select the column you get the plugin interface and behavior unless exploded (right click > explodeto ungroup the objects that are parts of another object or a component
In Tekla Structures, it is possible to explode components, cast units, assemblies, bent plates, parts that have attached parts, and drawing shapes and plug-ins.
The exploded objects cannot be reverted back to the original group.
- When copied you must manually press Modify on dialog to get it to update to correct elevation if using Top Elevation method.