Allows the user to more easily extract specific information from connections/components in order to create design sheets in Excel.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download MSI Installer from Tekla Warehouse
- Install and run MSI Installer
- Start Tekla Structures
- Start tool from icon on desktop, or installed location
The example below is for using the Component Variables tool. To use the application:
- Insert the desired component in the model.
- Launch the Component Variable tool.
- Change the desired value fields that you want to consider in you design spreadsheet and leave dialog open.
- When the component, or component cone is selected, the Component Variable tool will populate with a list of attributes from the component.
- When changing a desired value, modify the component and with the Component Variable tool open the tool will change these values.
- You can use the search field to narrow the values to only those which you want to use in your spreadsheet.
- Click in the Name field to assign an identifier to use in the spreadsheet.
- Highlight desired fields to copy to spreadsheet and use the ”Copy selected” button.
- Click ”Open in Excel” to open the Excel documents folder.
- Use the file: ”component_template.xls” to create design sheets. Note the previously created examples for suggestions and examples.
- Paste the desired fields into design sheet. Instructions of how to place are included on the sheet in blue.
- Continue until sheet is completed.
- Any system componentcomponent that is included in a Tekla Structures configuration and whose component objects and composition the user can modify within the limits of the component properties
with the Design tab is available for Excel design.
Make Custom Components design capable
- Edit Custom Componentcomponent that the user creates and uses for creating model objects whose composition the user can modify as a group
- Add a ”Yes/No” Parameter to list.
- Locate on dialog. Recommended: Use INPEditor available in Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla online services.
- Only attributes with the values filled in will appear. In order to include them, you must input a value.
- The name field will not save the data within the Component Variable tool, but will remain until another component is selected.
- The imperial values only show with the Type, ”double.”