This tool allows users to create a combined rebar mark callout for reinforcement on Cast Unit drawings where the out of the box combine rebar marks doesn’t achieve the desired result. The user selects a rebar in the Cast Unit drawingdrawing that displays information on concrete parts, including reinforcement, cast-in embeds, edge chamfers, and insulation, in a cast unit
Cast unit drawings are generally used either at the element factory or at the construction site.
and the tool will automatically scan through the view the rebar was selected in and it will find the quantity of rebar with the same rebar mark that appear in that view. The user then picks to points which represent the location of the mark leader and then the placement point of the mark text. The rebar mark content will then display the quantity of that rebar mark found in the view (not the entire drawing), then “- “, and ends with the rebar mark itself.
Environments: Default, Usimp, Usmet
To install the application:
- Have Tekla Structures closed during installation.
- Run the msi installation from Tekla Warehouse.
- Reopen Tekla Structures once installation is complete.
- Before version 2016: A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible when a drawing is opened. For 2016 version and newer: a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
To use the application:
- Open a CastUnit drawing where you would like to combine rebar marks.
- Start the tool from the new toolbar icon that has been added. This is not a macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
but a drawing plugin so it can’t be started from the tools>macros dialog box.
- You will then be prompted to pick a rebar in the drawing in order to figure out which rebar mark to find the quantity of and create the combined rebar mark.
- Then pick the point locating the head of the leader lineline that connects an annotation object to the related object or point
, and then a point to place the location of the text of the combined rebar mark.
- The user can drag the rebar mark, or select either of the two input points and change the position of the rebar mark after it has been inserted on the drawing.
- The representationthe way that the information included in a model is represented visually
of the rebar mark and leader is controlled through the drawing associative noteassociative annotation object that can include any additional information about the building object it is attached to
One building object can have several associative notes.
properties. The user can open the associate note properties dialog box and set color, line type, frame, etc then save away those settings with a name. The user can then open up the Combine Rebar Mark properties dialog box and type the name they save in the associate note properties dialog box, then modify existing combined rebar marks, or press Apply, to apply those settings for new combined rebar marks that will be added to the drawing. The tool doesn’t read the settings from the rebar marks property dialog box, just the text associate note dialog box.
- The combined rebar mark is parametric and will update the quantity and mark if the model has changed and the drawing is reopened. These are updated when the drawing is opened. The mark may disappear if the original ID/rebar instance that you selected to associate the combined rebar mark to in the drawing has been deleted from the model.
- Mark Format String. The user can add custom text data to the mark in the Mark Format String text box. Type any string in the Mark Format String text box you want to have for formatting of the first content of the mark. The key words QTY will be replaced with actual quantity and MARK will be replaced by actual mark or rebar position when inserted. Here are a few examples:
- In addition to the quantity and/or mark it will also load the regular content specified by the associative note’s content. Note: Position from associative note content does not work, this must be specified directly in mark format string.
A. For CastUnit type drawings:
- The sum of all rebar in that view with the same mark will be displayed in quantity field (QTY).
B. For GA type drawings:
- The sum of all rebar belonging to that father assembly will be displayed in the quantity field (QTY). If the rebar is not attached to any father part, it will show a quantity of 0 to denote it is not applicable in such scenarios since it is unable to find any quantities meaningful..
- The tool doesn’t replace rebar marks altogether but is more meant to be a supplemental tool where the out of the box combine rebar marks doesn’t provide the desired results.
- The tool does not automatically delete out existing drawing rebar marks. The user must manually delete rebar marks that are not desired to be on the drawing.
- If the original rebar ID or instance is deleted from the model that the rebar mark was associated to on the drawing, then the rebar mark plugin will be deleted from the drawing.