The Tekla Structures - Trimble Connect(1) Trimble’s platform for microservices in the cloud
(1) Trimble Connect platform’s microservices include services for uploading, storing, processing, and managing or consuming data. These services are meant to provide common solutions required by multiple applications.
(2) application for information sharing and collaboration for construction projects that is based on the Trimble Connect platform
(2) Reference models are used in Trimble Connect application instead of using import and export.
(2) Trimble Connect application includes web, desktop and mobile clients, and the Sync tool, for example.
Desktop interoperability tool allows the collaboration between Trimble Connect Desktop and Tekla Structures in Trimble Connectorfeature that enables interoperability between Tekla Structures and Trimble Connect application
. Prerequisite is to have Trimble Connect Desktop installed, a valid license and Trimble Identityuser account to Tekla online services and other Trimble services
For a Tekla Structures user, Trimble Identity is a single sign-on account which enables the user’s online identity management. The organization that the user’s Trimble Identity belongs to, determines the user’s access rights. Trimble Identity is needed, for example, for Tekla Campus and Tekla Warehouse, and to log in to Tekla User Assistance.
If you do not have the Trimble Connect Desktop applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
yet, install it from https://app.connect.trimble.com/tc/app#/store. Then download the Tekla Structures - Trimble Connect Desktop interoperability tool from Tekla Warehouse.
Before collaborating, you need to do the following:
In Trimble Connect Desktop, open a project, and in Tekla Structures, open a model.
In Trimble Connector, export the Tekla Structures model to Trimble Connect in IFCfile format commonly used in BIM that facilitates software interoperability
IFC is an open specification developed by the IAI (International Alliance for Interoperability).
Model can be exported into an IFC file.
- Download and make the model visible in Trimble Connect Desktop.
The following buttons are available in Trimble Connector for collaboration between Tekla Structures and Trimble Connect Desktop:
To adjust a Trimble Connect Desktop view, select a Tekla Structures view, and click in Trimble Connector.
To adjust Tekla Structures view camera and projection based on Trimble Connect Desktop view, select a Trimble Connect Desktop view and click in Trimble Connector.
To select Tekla Structures native model objects based on Trimble Connect Desktop object selection, click in Trimble Connector.
To select Trimble Connect Desktop objects based on Tekla Structures object selection, click in Trimble Connector. Selection also supports assembly levelassembly’s place in the assembly hierarchy
The assembly level is expressed as a number.