Tool to create an opening in the walls created by the CMU Wallplate that represents a structure such as a wall or roof panel
In Tekla Structures, a panel is created by picking two or more points.
In cast-in-place concrete the term wall refers to a concept similar to panel.
plugincomponent that is developed using Tekla Open API
Plugin is a .dll file and loaded inside Tekla Structures process.
Plugins can be started from the applications and components catalog.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric for other environments you may need to create or export/import cmu profiles and/or shapes.
To install the extension:
- Download the CMU Tools TSEP package from Tekla Warehouse
- Import the TSEP into the Applications and components catalogcatalog that contains all system components and custom components, and the macros and applications
The term component catalog is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
(see TUA article for instructions)
- Start Tekla Structures
- Open/create a model
- The tool will be found in the CMU Tools sub-category of the US Extensions category of the Applications and components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
After applying appropriate settings, select a wall created by the CMU Wall tool and then select a point in the wall for the opening location.
- Total opening height
- Total opening width
- Arc start height (set equal to Total opening height if no arc is desired)
- Location point vertical offset
- Location point horizontal off
- Picked point is projected to center planeplane whose position is defined so that it passes through the midpoint of a part cross section
of wall which then needs to fall within the boundary of the wall parts.