Plugincomponent that is developed using Tekla Open API
Plugin is a .dll file and loaded inside Tekla Structures process.
Plugins can be started from the applications and components catalog.
for modeling a concrete masonry unit as either a part using a profile or an item using a shape.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric for other environments you may need to create or export/import cmu profiles and/or shapes.
To install the extension:
- Download the CMU Tools TSEP package from Tekla Warehouse
- Import the TSEP into the Applications and components catalogcatalog that contains all system components and custom components, and the macros and applications
The term component catalog is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
(see TUA article for instructions)
- Start Tekla Structures
- Open/create a model
- The tool will be found in the CMU Tools sub-category of the US Extensions category of the Applications and components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
To use the extension the user needs to select and apply appropriate properties.
Then select two points with the first being the start point of the block and the second defining the orientation of the block. It is recommended to place the second point according to the length of the block for improved usage within other plugins.
- When embedding in other plugins, speed issues can occur if used extensively.
- CMU profiles need to exist in Profile Catalogcatalog that displays profiles and information on the profiles
In addition to the available profiles in the respective Tekla Structures environment, the user can add fixed or parametric user-defined profiles to the profile catalog. It is also possible to import profiles to the profile catalog.
to be utilized
- CMU shapes are imported with the installation and may cause conflicts with existing duplicate shapes