Circular Break Line adds a circular type break line to a drawing when two points are picked in the drawing. This tool is included in the Drawing Break Lines extension.
Environments: US Imperial, US Metric
To install the application:
- Close Tekla Structures (if running)
- Download MSI Installer from Tekla Warehouse
- Install and run MSI Installer
- Start Tekla Structures
- Open an existing drawing
- Before version 2016:A new toolbar icon which will launch the tool should now be visible when a drawing is opened. 2016 version and newer: a new thumbnail under Ungrouped items in the Applications and components side pane will appear.
To use the plugins:
1. Set up settings in the tool to match current engineering drawing standards.
Create break line
1. Run tool by clicking the icon/thumbnail
2. Set settings and Apply.
3. Pick point one and two.
Modify break line
1. Select one of two points and move/drag to new location.
1. Select object and right click – delete.
- Break line objects will move with the view if moved. However, if the view extrema changes the break line will not automatically adjust to the new edge of the view extrema. The user will have to move the break lines manually.