Use Channel to channel bolted connection component to create a bolt connection on two channel parts.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Channel to channel bolted connection installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the extension:
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Channel to channel bolted connection and then double-click to open it.
- Create "U" or "C" column profile and on top a "U" or "C" beam profile.
- Select the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
- Select the secondary part(1) part that exists in a building object and that is connected to the main part
(1) Secondary part can be an assembly secondary part or a cast unit secondary part.
(2) input part that the user selects after selecting the component main part when creating a component
(2) A component can have none, one or more component secondary parts.
The component is created automatically when the secondary part is selected.
|Beam to column connection.|
Use Picture tab to provide bolt connection on two channel parts in the Channel To Channel Bolted Connection component.
Description Default Define the horizontal bolt dimension.. 50 mm Define the vertical bolt dimension. 50 mm Define the distance between the column top and the beam web bottom. 5 mm
The Bolts tab can be used for defining properties for the bolts created by the Channel To Channel Bolted Connectionn connection.
Bolt basic properties
Field Description Default Size Bolt diameter. 12 Standard The bolt standard to use inside the component. 6914 Tolerance The gap between the bolt and the hole 2 mm Thread in mat Indicate if the thread can be inside bolted parts when using bolts with a shaft. Has no effect if using full-threaded bolts. No Site/Workshop Location where bolts should be attached Site
Field Description Cut length Indicates which parts the bolt connects. The value defines the area TS should search for parts that belong to the bolt group. Using cut length you can determine whether the bolt will go through one flange or two.
TS searches for parts using half the cut length value, in both directions from the bolt group plane. In the illustration below, A is the cut length and B is the bolt origin. TS calculates the search area as A/2 in both directions from point B.
TS warns you if the cut length is too small (e.g. the bolt group contains no parts) and makes the bolt length 100 mm.
If there are large gaps between the connected parts, the gap is added to the length of the bolt. TS calculates bolt length using the total distance between the first and last surfaces.
If you want to force a bolt to be a certain length, enter a negative value for cut length (e.g. -150)
Field Description Default 1 Slotted hole X-dimension or allowance for oversized holes. Zero, which results in a round hole. 2 Slotted hole Y-dimension. Zero, which results in a round hole. Hole type Slotted creates slotted holes.
Oversize creates oversized or tapped holes.
Rotate slots When hole type is Slotted, this option rotates the slotted holes. Slots in Member(s) in which slotted holes are created. The options depend on the component
Select checkboxes to indicate the pieces to use in the bolt assemblyset of bolt elements that consists of a bolt, a stud, or a screw, and possibly the related washers and nuts
(bolt, washers, and nuts).
To only create a holesmall hollow open throughout a part or assembly that is usually used for fastening parts with bolts or other such objects
Hole is created in the same way as bolts and hole properties are defined in the bolt properties.
, clear all checkboxes.
To modify the bolt assembly in an existing component, select the Effect in modify checkbox and click Modify.
Bolt extra length
This dimension increases the bolt length. For example, you could use this for painted parts.