This tool automatically creates a center of gravity symbol and dimensions from the drawing settingssettings that control what the drawing looks like and what it includes
Drawing settings can be defined in the modeling mode when creating a drawing, and they can be modified in the drawing mode.
The range of the objects and elements that drawing settings affect may vary.
. So you can create a drawing from scratch that will include the center of gravity.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Center of gravity dimensioning installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
- Import from Tekla Warehouse the Configuration file and insert it in a model.
The center of gravity can be set from the drawing properties or view properties, so when a drawing is created you can choose in which views the center of gravity will be created e.g. top viewview on part plane created of the part’s top plane
- If you want to change the default center of gravity symbol you can do so by changing the symbol index 17 in the COG.sym file (located in your environment) .
- We don't have the option of letting the user changing the symbol through the dialog.
- So just make sure the COG.sym file contains your default center of gravity symbol that you will use in your projects.
- The highlighted symbol on the left matrix is the one you would need to update.
- Note: From Tekla Structures 2017 SP5 and 2017i SP 1 the following step is not needed.
- Remember to get the DimensioningConfiguration.xml file into your model or merge it into the one available in your environment, so the "Center of gravity" dimensioning option is available:
Select the Center of gravity rule editor dimensioning rules, the Edit rule button becomes active, press it to open the dialog:
|Dimension attributes||Attributes for creating the dimensions, All the dimensioning attributes are listed here.||COG|
|Reference point||Reference point for dimensioning creation.
The options are:
Origin - uses the origin point of the part.
Start point - Uses the start point of the part. (it is the first point selected at creation )
Extrema - Uses the extrema point of the part.
|Dimensions placings||Sets the side to show the dimensions.
The options are:
Right - only the dimension on the right is created.
Top - only the dimension on the top is created.
Bottom - only the dimension on the bottom is created.
|Left and Bottom
- In order to work as expected, attribute files from Center of gravity dimensioning rule editor must be used at Dimensioning rules => Properties.
- You can use existing files or you can create new ones.
To ease your work already created attribute files could be used.