Use Can drawing rotation component to calculate the views rotation angle around the pipe axis of the short point as well as the rotation of the drawing views. Also a symbol can be placed to indicate the short point.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Can drawing rotation installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Can drawing rotation and then double-click to open it.
- The Can drawing rotation dialog window will open.
- Open a drawing.
- Make the desired modifications and click the Rotate View button.
Field Description Default Shallow point Orientation Define the orientation of the point closest to the middle of a pipe in an end cut.
The options are:
- Top – will position the short point of the starting end at the top of the drawing view;
- Button - will to position the short point of the starting end at the bottom of the drawing view.
Top Part End Define the orientation of the part ends.
The options are:
- Start – will position the short point of the start point at the top/bottom of the drawing view;
- End - will position the short point of the end point at the top/bottom of the drawing view.
Start Part Surface To check Define whether to check for the inside of the tube or the outside of the tube (or both).
- Inner diameter - will check the inner diameter of the tube;
- Outer diameter - will check the outer diameter of the tube;
- Auto - will check both inner and outer diameter of the tube.
In Symbol options, you can change the Symbol filefile that contains symbols
The symbol file in use can be changed in the symbol files dialog box.
in use and the symbol you want to use, and load predefined symbol properties.
The appearance settings (height, color, etc.) of the symbol are read from the symbol properties file you load in Symbol attributes.
You can create and save symbol property files through Annotating > Properties > Symbols…. For example, you may create a special symbol properties file to change the color and height of the symbol, and load the saved properties in Symbol attributes.
- The component also works also for 'composite' cans (e.g. can assembly drawings)
- Assumes the ‘main’ view is the Front viewview on part plane created of the part’s front plane