This tool is convert the selected parametric profilepredefined profile whose cross section dimensions the user can change by using parametric variables
representing a Built-up member to equivalent welded plates or group of welded parts. Based on the selection, these profiles are replaced by built-up custom components or built-up Plug-ins
How to Locate
‘Convert to builtup section” plug-in will be available in Builtup tool bar
After installation, you will find a file called “components_TIN.clb” at the location "..\environments\common\inp\", rename this file to components.clb or copy below line in the existing components.clb
“include "BuiltUps.clb" // Box ISMC profile for built-ups
Model the members using below marked profiles. You can transfer the members to A&D software or any 3rd party software.
To convert these profiles to built- up members, double click the respective icon in the below tool bar.
- Select the parametric profile objects, which are to be converted to built-up sections.
- Click on the toolbar button “Built-up Section Converter”. The above dialog box is opened.
- Click on “Convert to Built-up Sections” button.
- Switch on the option of “User Plugins”
- All the selected parametric profile objects are converted to respective built-up plugins as shown below
- If you uncheck the option of “Use plugins” then all the selected parametric profiles are converted to builtup custom components as shown below.
- Conversion operation log will be displayed a shown below
|Profile to be used from catalog||Coverted to|
||Plated I section
|HK & WB
|HK & WB with ”c” value zero
||Star I made of ISMB profiles
||Star I made of UB profiles
|STARUC||Star I made of UC profiles|
|STARNPB||Star I made of NPB profiles|
|STARWPB||Star I made of WPB profiles|
||ISMC Channels Front to Front
||ISMC Channels Front to Front with top and bottom plate
||If depth of member excluding plates if more than 600 , then it converts to plates.
Else convert to profile with top and bottom plates
||Converts twin angles –star with out batten plates
In the catalogue only few profiles are added . You can add new profiles by copying the respective shape and change the parameters . Make sure that profile subtype is matching.
For custom components
|S. No:||Name of parametric profile||Name of the custom component|
|1||HI, PHI, WI||PG_TP_BP_B|
|5||STARPL||Cross plate (S33)|
|6||STAR_ISMBxxx||Cross profile (S32)|
|9||STAR_NBPxx||Cross profile (S32)|
|10||STAR_UBxxx||Cross profile (S32)|
|11||STAR_WPBxxx||Cross profile (S32)|
You can also convert the built-up members back to profiles by using below option