Use Brace drawing component to rotate the brace drawings ‘in position’ instead of how Tekla Structures orientates the views (the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
is horizontal in the drawing). By using this component, it is easier to verify that the brace details and that the setting-out points are correct.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Brace drawing installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- Open a Tekla model that has a drawing.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Brace drawing and then double-click to open it.
- The Brace drawing dialog window will open.
- In Tekla Structures open (or select from the Drawing Listlist of drawings that provides information about the drawings in a particular model and that is used for searching, managing, and printing the drawings
In the drawing list, the user can, for example, search, open, update, freeze, lock, and delete drawings. The drawing list can also be used to display the associations between the drawings and the parts in the model.
Drawing list is used in Tekla Structures until version 2018. See document manager.
) a drawing.
- Delete all dimensions so that the application can position the rotated views correctly.
- Make the desired modifications then click the Create button.
- After the views are rotated and placed 'in position', the following message will instead of the progress bar: Rotate brace completed.
Field Description Default Scale options Define the scale of the views.
The options are:
- Best Fit;
Best Fit Autoscale values Define the autoscale values.
This field becomes active only if Autoscale option is selected in Scale options list.
Field Description Default Create Reference Line Define whether or not to create reference line.
The options are:
Yes Show Grid Line in non main view Define whether or not to show grid line in non main view.
The options are
|Create||After making all the desired modifications and opening (or selecting the drawing), click the Create button to create the dimensions 'in position'.|
|Cancel||Use to exit the program and cancel the creation of the dimensions.|
- This application can be run on multiple drawings selected form the Drawing List.
- If the application is run and no drawing is opened or selected, the user will get the following message: 'Drawing not selected from drawing list or opened.'
- If a drawing is opened and the user wants to run the application on other drawings selected from the Drawing List, the application will run only for the opened drawing. To make the application work for the selected drawings, first the user, must close the drawing.
- If the Create button is pressed again on a drawing that already has run once, the user will get the following message: 'Rotate brace completed with some warning', and a List window will appear with the following message: 'This view is already rotated.'
- If Tekla Structures is not open, the user will get the following message: 'Please open Tekla Structures and a model!’
- Running dimensions should not be used by users in the initial drawing.