Use Attach part wizard component to easily attach parts which are already detailed.
Bolts, edge chamfers, welds, and reinforcements associated to an attaching part are lost when the part is attached with the attach part command.
The attach part wizard handles these details for you by reassigning them to the newly formed part so the details are not lost.
Tekla Structures version: Not version specific
To install the extension:
- Download the Attach part wizard installer package from Tekla Warehouse. For more information see Downloading an application from Tekla Warehouse.
- Install the file package.
To use the application:
- Open a Tekla model.
- Click the Applications & components button in the side pane to open the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Search for Attach part wizard and then double-click to open it.
- The Attach part wizard dialog window will open.
- Click the Attach parts button.
- You will then be prompted to:
- Select the part to attach to.
- Select parts that you want to attach.
- Click the middle mouse button to finish.
- The parts have been attached.
Note: The bolts, chamfers and reinforcements that are created before the attach, will not be removed; the welds will be removed unless they are between a part that is not attached.
|Attach parts||Use this button to attach parts.|
|Help||Use this button to open the help file.|
|Close||Use this button to close the application.|