In case you have created model templates in earlier versions, you must update these to use them hassle-free in Tekla Structures 2016. Do the following:
- Copy the folders containing the existing model templates from an earlier Tekla Structures-version. The location of the model templates is set in the advanced option XS_MODEL_TEMPLATE_DIRECTORY in File > Settings > Advanced options > File Locations. By default, the advanced option points to the folder ..:\environments\netherlands_enu\model_templates
- Open Tekla Structures 2016.
- Create a new model using an existing model template.
- Give it the same name as in previous Tekla Structures version:
- Open the 3D model view
- Diagnose & repair the model (File > Diagnose & repair)
- Create, if desired, a Project thumbnail (View > Screenshot > Project thumbmail) or add a custom image named thumbnail.png in the model folder. Preferred size is 120 x 74 pixels.
- Update the Applications & components catalog definition files by moving Legacy Catalog items to proper groups.
- Save the maodel as a model template (File > Save as model template)
- Include the needed catalog files and sub-folders from the model directory and press OK:
- Remove manually all *.db (environment database, options databases) files from the model directory. The *.bak, *.log and xs_user files should be removed automatically from the model directory.
The location of the model template is defined by the advanced option XS_MODEL_TEMPLATE_DIRECTORY in File > Settings > Advanced options > File Locations.
As an end result, user has a nice preview image when using the model template. Also the Applications & Components catalog should be clean and easy to use.