The Metsec Mezzanine Floor Tie Bar macro allows the placing of mezzanine floor tie bars between mezzanine floor beams.
Before and after
- Any modification of the selected parts will cause this joint to be updated.
- Most of the data required for this macro is fixed by Metsec and stored in a series of data files supplied with Tekla Structures. Where standard data is not applicable, then certain items can be modified through the parameters tab of the properties panel, but it is also possible to tailor the data files to individual requirements. This would require assistance from Tekla Structures support.
- All beam lengths must be parallel.
- Selected beams must have the same section depth
- Selected beams must face each other
- This connection should be used to connect floor beams created using the Metsec Mezzanine Floor Tool, download the tool from Tekla Warehouse.
Selection order example
When selecting a position ensure Snap to nearest points (points on line) is turned on.
- Pick a position along a purlin