The Metsec File Transfer macro will create a transfer file compatible with the Metsec detailing program. A report file (
MetsecReport.dat) and a list of required drawings (
RequiredDrawings.dat) will be created for all Metsec components selected within the model. The transfer file can be used in addition to or instead of the standard order forms.
Any problems during the creation of the file will be written to a log file,
MetsecLog.dat and saved to the current Tekla Structures model folder. Problems will either be errors or warnings. Errors will prevent the creation of a transfer file, whereas warnings (where non-standard parts have been found) will not prevent the creation of the file, and will populate the
RequiredDrawings.dat file. The macro will use a tolerance of 1mm when checking a part against the Metsec standards.
- The file transfer cannot check the validity of the purlin and rails used in the roof and wall systems, or the completeness of the model. For example, the file transfer will not flag the inappropriate use of the AntiSag system, or missing pairs of end holes in purlins or rails. It will not recognise where joints have accidentally been omitted. Such checks are your responsibility.
- Both the transfer file and the report file, will be written to the current Tekla Structures model folder. These files will overwrite existing files with the same name without any prompt or warning to the user.
- If you want to split an order into phases, filter the model by phase and include some reference to the phase in the Customer Order Number. For example, 514_A for phase A in job 514.
- Ensure that Select object in components is selected.
- This macro automatically excludes non-Metsec parts from the order, but check the currently active Selection Filter to ensure that it is not excluding any parts which are actually required.
- Select the area / whole model that you wish to order.
- From the Applications and components panel search Metsec File Transfer, double click the file transfer icon.
- Enter the required details into the Parameters tab.
- Click Create button.
- If there are any errors or warnings while creating the file, see
MetsecLog.datin the model folder. View an explanation of error and warning messages.
- If the transfer file is successfully created, but the log file contains warnings that drawings are required for some parts, then a simple list of those drawings will be in the file
RequiredDrawings.dat. Create the relevant Tekla Structures drawing or check that they are up-to-date and ensure that they contain sufficient information for fabrication.
- Please contact Tekla Structures support if you require further clarification.
We recommend that you compress these files into a single “zip” file before emailing them to Metsec. Please contact voestalpine Metsec plc if you require further details.
- Transfer file e.g.
- PDF files for each required drawing