The Metsec Eaves Brace macro can be used to define an eaves brace individually between an eaves beam and a purlin, or purlin to purlin.
Before and after
- Any modification of the selected parts will cause this macro to be updated.
- Most of the data required for this macro is fixed by Metsec and stored in a series of data files supplied with Tekla Structures. Where standard data is not applicable, then certain items can be modified through the Parameters tab of the properties panel, but it is also possible to tailor the data files to individual requirements. This would require assistance from Tekla Structures support.
- A double cleat will always be defined to the first part selected and a single cleat will be defined on the second part. The point selected in this macro controls which bolt position to use for the single cleat, if the point selected is below the centreline the bottom hole will be used.
- All purlin lengths must be parallel.
- All purlins must have the same offset from the rafter.
Selection order example
When selecting a position ensure Snap to nearest points (points on line) is turned on.
- Pick a position along a purlin