Elements of the new user interface
Ribbon - scrollable, minimizable, configuration-specific
- All the essential commands are now available on the ribbon and grouped according to their use
- Steel tab contains commands for steel modeling
- Concrete tab contains CIPcast unit type where the concrete is formed, poured, and cured in its final position
, precast and rebars related commands
- Edit tab contains commands for editing model objects and construction geometry
- View tab contains commands for views, clip planes, work planes, renderingprocess of making the model object faces visible
The rendered model object faces can be transparent or non-transparent
- Drawings & reports tab contains commands for drawings, numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
, and reports
- Manage tab contains commands for Organizertool that is used for categorizing and managing model information, object properties and object property queries, and model object classification
Organizer consists of two tools, object browser and categories.
, clash check and other construction management related tools
- Analysis & design tab contains all calculation related commands, for example, loads
- Custom tab: Add your own components, frequently used commands, and links to important tools outside Tekla Structures. The custom tab has been replaced by full ribbon customization in Tekla Structures 2016i.
- Drawing tab contains commands for editing and creating marks, symbols, associative notes, text, lines, etc.
- Dimensioning tab contains commands for adding and editing dimensions
- Views tab contains commands for adding and managing views in the drawing
- Custom tab: Add your own components, frequently used commands, and links to important tools outside Tekla Structures
Some helpful rules about icons
Quick launch (Ctrl+Q)
- Find all commands
File menu on the left - Manage your model and settings
- Save, print, export, share models, etc.
- Options and advanced optionssettings used to customize Tekla Structures for specific companies, standards, users, or user groups
In Tekla Structures, advanced options are settings that are used, for example, in a specific project or geographical area, or by a specific company.
In Tekla Structures, advanced options usually begin with the initials XS and are followed by the name of the function, for example XS_BACKGROUND_COLOR.
, logs, editors, diagnose and repair, etc.
- Customize the ribbon in Settings > Customize Ribbon
Modeling side pane
- Reference models
- Applications & components (custom components and macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
Drawings side pane
- Drawing 2D Library
- Applications & components
- Make quick changes to modeling and drawing objects. Contextual toolbarfloating toolbar that contains commands for modifying the most common object properties
The user can customize the contextual toolbar.
The term mini toolbar is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
replaces the Mini Toolbar.
- Add keyboard shortcuts in File menu > Settings.
- Import your custom components by following these instructions. Imported custom components go to Ungrouped items in the Applications & components cataloguser interface for displaying or modifying information in categorized lists
For example, profile catalog and shape catalog are catalogs.
- Create your own groups: Right-click on the groups in the Applications & components catalog -> select New group -> Drag your custom components to the groups where you want them (or right-click a component, click Add to group and select the target group)
- Read more about working with the Applications & components catalog.