Elements of the new user interface
Ribbon - scrollable, minimizable, configuration-specific
- All the essential commands are now available on the ribbon and grouped according to their use
- Steel tab contains commands for steel modeling
- Concrete tab contains CIP, precast and rebars related commands
- Edit tab contains commands for editing model objects and construction geometry
- View tab contains commands for views, clip planes, work planes, rendering and navigation
- Drawings & reports tab contains commands for drawings, numbering, and reports
- Manage tab contains commands for Organizer, clash check and other construction management related tools
- Analysis & design tab contains all calculation related commands, for example, loads
- Custom tab: Add your own components, frequently used commands, and links to important tools outside Tekla Structures. The custom tab has been replaced by full ribbon customization in Tekla Structures 2016i.
- Drawing tab contains commands for editing and creating marks, symbols, associative notes, text, lines, etc.
- Dimensioning tab contains commands for adding and editing dimensions
- Views tab contains commands for adding and managing views in the drawing
- Custom tab: Add your own components, frequently used commands, and links to important tools outside Tekla Structures
Some helpful rules about icons
Quick launch (Ctrl+Q)
- Find all commands
File menu on the left - Manage your model and settings
- Save, print, export, share models, etc.
- Options and advanced options, logs, editors, diagnose and repair, etc.
- Customize the ribbon in Settings > Customize Ribbon
Modeling side pane
- Reference models
- Applications & components (custom components and macro recordings)
Drawings side pane
- Drawing 2D Library
- Applications & components
- Make quick changes to modeling and drawing objects. Contextual toolbar replaces the Mini Toolbar.
- Add keyboard shortcuts in File menu > Settings.
- Import your custom components by following these instructions. Imported custom components go to Ungrouped items in the Applications & components catalog.
- Create your own groups: Right-click on the groups in the Applications & components catalog -> select New group -> Drag your custom components to the groups where you want them (or right-click a component, click Add to group and select the target group)
- Read more about working with the Applications & components catalog.