A component to input a transmission tower arm using L profiles for the upper parts and L or U profiles for the lower parts.
This component is intended to be used by the Tower layout component and not separately. However it can be used separately if the user wishes.
- From the component catalogcatalog that contains all system components and custom components, and the macros and applications
The term component catalog is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
select the Arm1 component.
- Select the input parts (3 No.)
- Select the input points to define the arm orientation
|The Gauge Line dimensions of the profiles are read automatically from
the GaugeLines.dat file (in the model, firm or system folder).
These can be over written by the user if necessary.
|The user has 3 options to define the top profiles:
The component is expecting equal L profiles and will not give
|The user has 3 options to define the Bottom profiles:
The component is expecting equal L profiles and will not give the correct results with unequal profiles or other profile shapes.
|The user can specify offsets for the arm parts from the tower face and at the Arm end.|
- The Arm1 component is not intended to be used as a stand alone component but as a sub component in the Tower layout Component.
- The user needs to set the required properties and then save the properties so they can be used within the Tower Layout component.