Use this advanced option to select when a Tekla Structures model that has been shared with Tekla Model Sharingcloud service for collaboration and for storing and sharing a model
Tekla Model Sharing is one of the Tekla Online services.
is uploaded to a folder in the attached Trimble Connect(1) application for information sharing and collaboration for construction projects that is based on the Trimble Connect platform
(1) Reference models are used in Trimble Connect application instead of using import and export.
(1) Trimble Connect application includes web, desktop and mobile clients, and the Sync tool, for example.
(2) Trimble’s platform for microservices in the cloud
(2) Trimble Connect platform’s microservices include services for uploading, storing, processing, and managing or consuming data. These services are meant to provide common solutions required by multiple applications.
folder. The shared modelmodel used for collaboration over the Tekla Model Sharing service
With a shared model, each user works with their own model and the changes are shared through Tekla Model Sharing. A shared model requires the use of a single-user model. The same model cannot be a shared model and a multi-user model.
will be uploaded to this folder as a read-only .tekla reference modelmodel which the designer can use as an aid when building another model
A reference model is created in Tekla Structures or in other software and can be inserted to Tekla Structures. The reference model appears together with the model but it is not modified by Tekla Structures. The user can snap to reference model points.
For example, an architectural model, a plant design model, or a heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) model can be a reference model.
that you can use in Tekla Structures and Trimble Connect.
BASELINE (default) = The shared model is automatically uploaded to the set Trimble Connect project folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular project
each time a user creates a new baseline.
WRITEOUT = The shared model is automatically uploaded to the set Trimble Connect project folder after each successful write out.
- <NO VALUE> = The shared model is never uploaded to the set Trimble Connect project folder.
Note that the path to the Trimble Connect project folder is set with the XS_CONNECT_UPLOAD_MODEL_FOLDER advanced option.
This advanced option is model specific and the setting is saved in the options databasedatabase file that contains the settings of model-specific general settings and advanced options
There are two options databases, the model options database (options_model.db) and the drawing options database (options_drawings.db).