Share a model in Tekla Model Sharing
When you start sharing your model in Tekla Model Sharingcloud service for collaboration and for storing and sharing a model
Tekla Model Sharing is one of the Tekla Online services.
, you need to be logged in with your Trimble Identityuser account to sign in to both Trimble and Tekla products and online services
For a Tekla Structures user, Trimble Identity is a single sign-on account which enables the user’s online identity management. Trimble Identity is needed, for example, for Tekla Warehouse, Tekla User Assistance, and Tekla Campus.
in Tekla Structures. If you are not logged in, the Trimble Identity log in dialog box opens. You can invite other users to the models that you share.
When you start sharing a model in Tekla Model Sharing, you become the Owner of the model.
Note that to start sharing a model, you need to belong to an organization as an employee. If you have an external license, you cannot have model ownership, so you cannot start sharing a model. For more information about employees and external license users, see Manage Trimble Identities and Tekla Online licenses.
- Open a single-user modelmodel that is opened in single-user mode
that you want to share.
- On the File menu, click Sharing > Start sharing.
The Start sharing dialog box opens.
- Select the service from the Service list.
When you use Tekla Model Sharing for the first time and the on-premises sharing service is enabled, you need to select the service from the Service list. You can set up and use an on-premises service connection, or you can use the Tekla service. Tekla Model Sharing on-premises server requires a separate license and installation.
- If needed, enter a Code and a Description for the model.
- Code can be a site number, a project number, or an accounting number, for example.
- Type a description according to your company conventions.
- Invite other users to share your model by typing their email addresses to the Invite users box and set their user role to either Editor, Owner, Project viewer, or Viewer.
You can add several users at one go. Separate the email addresses with semicolons. Do not use spaces between the email addresses. If you add several users at one go, they all get the same user role. The role can be changed later.
- Click the Add button to add the users to the model.
- Select the Send e-mail notification to user. check box to send a notification email to the invited users, and write a message to the users.
- Click the Start button to start sharing your model.
The model is saved and written out to the sharing service.
When you open the model the next time, you have two options:
- In the Tekla Structures start screen when you open Tekla Structures:
- Go to the Shared models tab and log in with yourTrimble Identity.
- Click Continue to open the Shared models dialog box.
- Select the Show shared models on this computer check box to list the models.
- Click Join.
You can also open shared models on the Recent or All models tabs. Log in with your Trimble Identity to read in and write out.
- In File > Open > Browse shared models .