Create location categories manually in Organizer
You can manually create location categories without defining boundary boxes for the categories.
- To open Organizer, click Manage on the ribbon and then click Organizer.
- Select a Project, right-click and select New site.
You can also select New project to have Organizer automatically create Site and Building under the project.
- Right-click the Site you created and select New building.
- Right-click the Building you created and select New section or New floor.
- Right-click the Section you created and select New floor.
You can create as many projects, sites, buildings, sections, and floors as you need.
- Add objects to the categories. Do one of the following:
- Select a category in the project to show the model objects in Object Browser and select the objects that you want to move to the new category. Then drag the objects to the new category.
- In the model, select the objects that you want to move, right-click the new category and select Move the selected objects.
You cannot move objects from one project to another. Within a project, you can move model objects between the lowest level categories. One object can belong to only one lowest level location categorycategory based on location rules in Organizer
Location categories divide the model into projects, sites, buildings, sections, and floors. Location category can be defined automatically based on the boundary box or manually.
at a time.
When you have created the categories manually, the icons in front of the categories are shown as black in the category tree.