Add a single grid line
You can add new gridmodeling aid that represents a three-dimensional complex of intersecting grid planes or intersecting grid planes and curved grid surfaces
The grid is defined by coordinates in 3D space. It is shown two-dimensionally on the view plane by dash-and-dot lines. A grid can be rectangular or radial.
It is possible to have more than one grid in a model. For example, a large-scale grid for the entire structure, and smaller grids for some detailed sections.
It is also possible to show grids and grid line labels in drawings, and to modify how they are shown in the drawings.
lines either between existing grid lines or between two freely chosen points that you define in the model.
Add a grid line between existing grid lines
You can add new grid lines between existing grid lines.
- Ensure that the Direct modification switch is active.
- Ensure that the Select grid selection switch is active.
- Select an existing grid to attach the grid linesingle line that visualizes a grid plane or a curved grid surface on a view plane
- Click the symbol between two existing grid lines or outside the grid.
Tekla Structures creates the grid line and gives it a label using the labels of the adjacent grid lines. For example, a new grid line between the grid lines 1 and 2 receives the label 12*.
Add a grid line between two points
You can add new grid lines between two picked points.
- On the Edit tab, click Grid > Add grid line .
- Select an existing grid to attach the grid line to.
- Pick the start point of the grid line.
- Pick the end point of the grid line.
Tekla Structures creates the grid line.