Modify cast units
Change the cast unit main part
The main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
in a concrete cast unit is the one with the largest volume of concrete. You can change the main part in a cast unit.
- If needed, check what is currently the main part of the cast unit.
Use the Inquire tool to check which objects belong to a particular cast unit.
- Ensure that the Select objects in assemblies selection switch is active.
- Select the new main part.
- Right-click and select Set as New Main Part of Assembly.
Remove objects from a cast unit
- On the Concrete tab, click Cast unit > Remove from cast unit .
- Select the object you want to remove from the cast unit.
You need to restart the command to remove another object.
Check and highlight objects in a cast unit
Use the Inquire tool to check which objects belong to a particular cast unit or assembly.
- On the ribbon, click the down arrow next to , and then select Assembly objects.
- Select a part that belongs to a cast unit or an assembly.
Tekla Structures highlights the other parts that belong to the same cast unit or assembly. The following colors are used:
Concrete - main part
Concrete - secondary part
Steel part - main part
Steel part - secondary part
Explode a cast unit
You can ungroup the objects belonging to a cast unit.
- On the Concrete tab, click Cast unit > Explode .
- Select an object in the cast unit you want to explodeto ungroup the objects that are parts of another object or a component
In Tekla Structures, it is possible to explode components, cast units, assemblies, bent plates, parts that have attached parts, and drawing shapes and plugins.
The exploded objects cannot be reverted back to the original group.