Add master drawings in Master Drawing Catalog
Depending on your environment, the Master Drawing Catalog usually contains some master drawings when you start using it, at least the predefined saved settingsmaster drawing where the drawing settings are saved in a drawing property file and used when creating a new drawing of a specific drawing type
(drawing property files) are there, and maybe some wizards.
You can also add new:
- Saved settings
- Rule sets
- Cloning templates
Add a rule set master drawing in Master Drawing Catalog
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Create drawings > Master drawing catalog.
- Click the Add rule set toolbar button .
- In the Define Rules for Creating Drawings dialog box, select the drawing types you want to create with the rule setmaster drawing that contains model selection filters and where the properties and drawing settings vary based on the selected model objects
You can select several drawing types with the same rule set. For example, you can use the same rule set to create single-part drawings and assembly drawings.
- Click Next.
- In the next dialog box, click Add group and select the object groups for which you want to create drawings, and a master drawingcollection of properties and drawing settings that are used for creating a new drawing
for each group.
Only those master drawing types are listed that can be used for the drawing types that you selected in the previous dialog box. Saved settings are marked with an S and cloning templates with T.
You can use the buttons in the dialog box to do the following:
Use Move up and Move down to move a rule upwards and downwards in the list.
If a rule that is higher in the list creates a drawing of an object, another rule lower in the list that would create a drawing of the same object will not do it again.
Use Properties to view or modify the properties of a master drawing that you have selected in the list.
Use Preview to display a sample image of the selected master drawing.
- Click Next.
- If you have selected several drawing types, repeat steps 4 and 5 for all drawing types that you have selected.
- Modify master drawing properties of the rule set: give a name to the rule set, add a sample image, and enter a description and keywords.
- Click Finish.
The rule set is added in the Master Drawing Catalog.
Add a saved settings master drawing in Master Drawing Catalog
All predefined drawing properties files are shown as saved settings in the Master Drawing Catalog. When you save a new drawing properties file, Tekla Structures shows it in the Master Drawing Catalog automatically.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Drawing properties and select the drawing type.
- Modify the drawing properties in the Single-part Drawing Properties, Cast Unit Drawing Properties, Assembly Drawing Properties or General Arrangement Drawing Properties dialog box.
- Load drawing properties that are as close to the ones you need as possible.
- Modify the properties.
- Give a name to the properties file and save the file.
The new property fileobject type specific file that contains values of properties or settings used in the property pane or a dialog box
Property files are saved in the current model folder. The user can create and modify property files and copy them to the project or firm folders for future use.
User-defined attributes related to a specific object type are stored in a separate property file.
is automatically added to the Master Drawing Catalog. If it is not displayed in the list, press F5 to refresh the view.
- Modify master drawing properties: give the master drawing a name, add a sample image, and enter a description and keywords.
Add a cloning template master drawing in Master Drawing Catalog
You can add drawings as cloning templates to the Create Drawings - Master Drawing Catalog from Document manager.
Before you add a cloning templatemaster drawing where an existing drawing is used to copy the drawing settings for a new drawing
The new drawing has the same drawing settings as the original drawing.
The user creates a cloning template of a drawing typically after extensive manual modifications have been made in the drawing, in order to achieve the same appearance and contents in new drawings.
In the master drawing catalog, it is possible to create single-part, assembly, and cast unit drawings using cloning templates. It is also possible to add new cloning templates to the master drawing catalog from the document manager.
in the Create Drawings - Master Drawing Catalog, create a drawing with the desired properties and contents and save it.
Limitations: You cannot add general arrangement drawings or multidrawings to the Create Drawings - Master Drawing Catalog from the Document manager. You can clone(performed by Tekla Structures) to create a new drawing by using a cloning template
Cloning aims at using the drawing properties, view properties, and object properties from the cloning template in a new drawing.
Drawings can be cloned from the current model or another model.
Cloned drawings need some manual checking.
general arrangement drawings using the Clone command in the Document manager dialog box.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Document manager.
- Select the drawing, right-click and select Add to Master Drawing Catalog (Ctrl+M).
- Modify the master drawing properties of the cloning template. On the General tab, enter a name for the cloning template, and a short description and keywords.
- Tekla Structures adds a preliminary thumbnail image for the cloning template. If necessary, click Change image...and browse for a new image. The same image will then be displayed when you right-click the thumbnail and select Preview.
- Go to the Drawing creation tab and specify how dimensions and marks are created, and select the objects to be cloned from the master drawing.
- Click OK.
The new cloning template is added in the Create Drawings - Master Drawing Catalog. The icon is displayed in the Master column of the Document manager next to the drawing you added to Create Drawings - Master Drawing Catalog.