Modify a connection using AutoDefaults
When you use a connection that you are unfamiliar with, first use the default properties. Then use AutoDefaultspredefined properties that AutoConnection uses when creating connections
to modify the properties.
- Double-click a connection symbol in the model to open the connection dialog box.
- On the General tab, select a rule group from the AutoDefaults rule group list.
- On all tabs, select the AutoDefaults options marked with the arrow symbol for the properties in which you want to use AutoDefaults.
- Click Apply.
If you manually modify the properties after using AutoDefaults, Tekla Structures uses the manually modified properties.
For example, you have manually set the base platecomponent object that represents a plate welded to a column base
Base plates are used to distribute the concentrated load of the column over a wider area.
thickness of a connection to 20 mm. AutoDefaults is active and sets the plate(1) part that represents a flat structure
(1) In some contexts, for example in analysis, the term plate object may be used to refer to plates.
(2) plate that represents a steel structure
(2) Plate is mainly used as a connection piece or as a floor plate.
thickness according to the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
profile. If you modify the main part profile, Tekla Structures does not update the base plate thickness. It remains at 20 mm.
You can view which AutoDefault rules and properties are used:
- To view AutoDefaults rules, select the connection symbol in the model, right-click and select Inquire .
Tekla Structures shows the rule group, rule sets and properties files used.
- To view the AutoDefaults properties, double-click the connection symbol in the model, select <AutoDefaults> in the list box next to the Load button and click Load.