Activate Tekla Structures licenses
Activate your Tekla Structures licenses. This is phase 3 in the workflow Taking Tekla Structures licenses into use.
You need to activate the licenses on the license server to use Tekla Structures. When you activate the licenses and notify the server, the license rights are transferred from the activation server at Trimble Solutions to the license server. Use Tekla License Administration Tool for activating licenses.
Do no use the automatic license server notification functionality if you are using some other FlexNet license and license server administration tool, such as FlexNet Manager. To use manual notification, see Activate Tekla licenses using manual server notification.
To activate your licenses and notify the license server about license changes:
- Go to Tekla Licensing > Tekla License Administration Tool through the Start menu or Start screen, depending on your Windows operating system.
- Enable the automatic license server notification functionality by clicking the Notify Server button.
- You saved your entitlement certificate in the ..\Tekla\License\Server folder, and the licenses should now be listed in the Entitled Licenses area. If they are not listed, click Open, select EntitlementCertificate.html, and click Open again.
- Select the number of licenses to activate.
- Click the Activate button.
Your license server contacts the activation server at Trimble Solutions. The activated licenses are displayed under the Activated Licenses area.
Next, you need to connect Tekla Structures to the license server when you start Tekla Structures for the first time.