The Kingspan Standard Tie Bay macrosaved series of actions that includes instructions for a program
Macros are located in the applications and components catalog. They are recorded or created manually and stored as .cs file in a folder defined with the advanced option XS_MACRO_DIRECTORY.
Macros can, for example, be used for creating drawings or reports.
Macros are sometimes used to run an application.
can be used to define an arrangement of restraints between selected purlins/rails to produce a standard anti-sag system.
Before and after
- Any modification of the selected parts will cause this macro to be updated.
- Most of the data required for this macro is fixed by Kingspan and stored in a series of data files supplied with Tekla Structures. Where standard data is not applicable, then certain items can be modified through the Parameters tab of the properties panel, but it is also possible to tailor the data files to individual requirements. This would require assistance from Tekla Structures support.
- Where this standard macro will not define all the supports required, e.g. around door or window openings, it may be necessary to use the Non-Standard Tie macro. It is possible to combine the two in one bay, by selecting smaller groups for which the standard macro is suitable, and then using the Non-Standard macro to define additional supports individually where required.
- For certain groups of purlins you will probably need to set the Start/End Condition under the macro Parameters tab to None, this will ensure that clamp plates are not placed in the middle of a run of purlins.
- Only one eaves beam may be selected for inclusion in the bay.
- All purlins in the bay must have the same section depth.
- All purlin/rail lengths must be parallel.
- Rails can be ‘toes up’ or inverted.
- The eaves beam cannot be selected when used in the wallplate that represents a structure such as a wall or roof panel
In Tekla Structures, a panel is created by picking two or more points.
In cast-in-place concrete the term wall refers to a concept similar to panel.
applicationpart of Tekla Structures functionality that is developed in order to extend the capability of Tekla Structures but that is not included in the Tekla Structures installation
- TRSP Diagonal Rod not to be used in a wall application.
Selection order example
- Two or more purlins/rails (eaves beam if required on roof application)
- Click middle mouse button