Upload the Tekla Structures model to Trimble Connect
You can upload the current Tekla Structures model to a Trimble Connect(1) application for information sharing and collaboration for construction projects that is based on the Trimble Connect platform
(1) Reference models are used in Trimble Connect application instead of using import and export.
(1) Trimble Connect application includes web, desktop and mobile clients, and the Sync tool, for example.
(2) Trimble’s platform for microservices in the cloud
(2) Trimble Connect platform’s microservices include services for uploading, storing, processing, and managing or consuming data. These services are meant to provide common solutions required by multiple applications.
project folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular project
as a read-only .tekla file. The .tekla file can then be used as lightweight reference modelmodel which the designer can use as an aid when building another model
A reference model is created in Tekla Structures or in other software and can be inserted to Tekla Structures. The reference model appears together with the model but it is not modified by Tekla Structures. The user can snap to reference model points.
For example, an architectural model, a plant design model, or a heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) model can be a reference model.
with Tekla Structures or any Trimble Connect product. .tekla reference models list and visualize model objects, parts, rebars, bolts, and assemblies. However, pours and pour units are not included.
- On the File menu, go to Settings > Advanced options.
- In the Advanced Options dialog box, find the XS_CONNECT_UPLOAD_MODEL_FOLDER option.
- Type or paste a file path to the Trimble Connect folder where you want to upload the Tekla Structures model.
The default file path is Structural\Tekla models.
- Click OK to save the folder path.
- Go to the Trimble Connect ribbon tab.
- On the ribbon, click Upload model.
- To confirm saving the model and uploading the entire model folderfolder that is used for storing files associated with a model
Tekla Structures stores all files associated with a model in a folder it creates with the same name as the model database (.db1).
In multi-user mode all users access the same model folder.
to the attached Trimble Connect project, click Save and upload.
The Tekla Structures model is uploaded as a .tekla file to the Trimble Connect project folder that you defined. If needed, you can later attach the .tekla file to your model as a Connect overlay model.
Note that if you want to move the model to another folder after uploading it, you need to do so manually in Trimble Connect.
The Upload model button does not upload shared models to Trimble Connect. Instead, you can use the XS_UPLOAD_SHARED_MODEL_TO_CONNECT advanced option to select if and when a shared modelmodel used for collaboration over the Tekla Model Sharing service
With a shared model, each user works with their own model and the changes are shared through Tekla Model Sharing. A shared model requires the use of a single-user model. The same model cannot be a shared model and a multi-user model.
is uploaded to a Trimble Connect project folder.
BASELINE = The shared model is automatically uploaded to the set Trimble Connect project folder each time a user creates a new baseline.
WRITEOUT = The shared model is automatically uploaded to the set Trimble Connect project folder after each successful write out.
If you do not want to upload the model to a Trimble Connect project folder, clear the Value field.