Automatic grouping of rebar sets for drawings
The rebars created by using the rebar set commands are automatically grouped for drawing marking and dimensioning purposes. The automatic grouping works both for simple, non-tapered groups as well as for tapered groups.
Preconditions for rebar group creation
Simple, non-tapered groups are created when:
- Rebars are created by the same rebar set
- Rebars are side by side, placed radially, or parallel and distributed along a curve
- Rebars have identical properties, including length
- Rebars have the same position numberidentifier that is assigned to all similar parts, assemblies, cast units, or reinforcement
Position number consists of a prefix, separator, and running number. The prefix is part of the position number, identifying a numbering series. The running number is part of the position number, and is the assigned number in the numbering series, based on the start number. The separator is an optional character, such as a slash, that separates the prefix and the running number.
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
In the US, the term piece mark or ship mark is used to refer to a position number.
Tapered rebars are grouped when:
- Rebars are created by the same rebar set
- Rebars are side by side
- Rebars have identical properties, except length
- Length of bars increases linearly
- There are minimum of 3 bars in a group
Spacing of bars is taken into account in grouping if the advanced option XS_REBARSET_ENABLE_BAR_GROUPING_WHEN_SPACING_DIFFERS is set to FALSE. Then only bars with same spacing are grouped, and each spacing zone of a rebar set automatically creates a separate group. If the advanced option is set to TRUE, spacing is ignored, and groups can contain bars from more than one adjacent spacing zones.
Work with rebar set groups in drawings
Automatically created groups behave in the drawing similarly as the old rebar groups:
- There is only one mark for the rebar groupgroup of reinforcing bars that are side by side and have identical properties, except the possible variation in bar lengths
, and the reinforcement mark content comes from the content setting Group in Reinforcement mark properties.
Note that if XS_REBARSET_USE_GROUP_NUMBER_FOR_BARS_IN_TAPERED_GROUPS is set to FALSE, bars in tapered bar groups within rebar sets do not have a common position number (GROUP_POS), so position information is not included in reinforcement marks.
- You can adjust the rebar visibility in Reinforcement properties. For example, you can select to show bar in the middle of group.
- You can use the following rebar-group-specific interactive dimensioning and marking commands found in the pop-up menu for rebar groups:
- Create dimension line
- Add Mark > Dimension Mark
- Add Mark > Tagged Dimension mark
- Associative notes can be created.
Below is an example of an automatically created rebar group in a drawing. The drawing uses rebar group visibility option bar in the middle of group, and reinforcement markmark that includes a set of selected property elements related to a reinforcement
option One leader line to group, and the dimensions have been created with the command Create dimension line.
If you want to fine-tune the automatic grouping, you can manually group and ungroup rebar set bars by using property modifiers.
Create a property modifierrebar set modifier that can be used to locally change the properties of certain reinforcing bars in a rebar set
for the bars that you want to group, and in the Rebar property modifier properties, set Grouping to Manual.
If you need to ungroup automatically or manually grouped bars, create a property modifierline or polyline that can be used to locally modify reinforcing bars in a rebar set
Rebar set modifiers can be rebar set property modifiers, end detail modifiers, or splitters. Also rebar set secondary guidelines behave like rebar set modifiers.
Polyline modifiers may have corner chamfers. Each rebar set modifier only affects those rebar set reinforcing bars that its projection touches.
with Grouping set to No grouping.
For more information about creating rebar sets, see Create a rebar set.
For more information about showing rebar set bar groups in the model, see XS_REBARSET_COLOR_BARGROUPS.