Show part information by using part labels
You can display selected part properties, user-defined attributes and template attributes in a model viewview that is represented in the modeling mode
Model view is available also in the drawing mode and it is represented in its own window.
by using part labels.
Part labels are textual descriptions that are displayed next to the part they represent. You can define what information to display in the labels, such as the name, profile, and position numberidentifier that is assigned to all similar parts, assemblies, cast units, or reinforcement
Position number consists of a prefix, separator, and running number. The prefix is part of the position number, identifying a numbering series. The running number is part of the position number, and is the assigned number in the numbering series, based on the start number. The separator is an optional character, such as a slash, that separates the prefix and the running number.
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
In the US, the term piece mark or ship mark is used to refer to a position number.
of the part.
- Double-click the view to open the View Properties dialog box.
- Click Display... to open the Display dialog box.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Next to the Part label , in the Properties list, select a property.
- Click Add > to add the property to the Part label list. The Part label check box is automatically selected when you add properties.
- To remove a property from the Part label list, select a property and click Remove. The Part label check box is automatically cleared if you remove all the properties.
- If needed, define which user-defined attributeobject property created by the user in order to widen the range of predefined object properties
User-defined attributes are used when the predefined object properties are not sufficient but more properties are needed. For example, comment, locked, and erection status are user-defined attributes.
or template attributeattribute in a template object that Tekla Structures uses to calculate and display information from a model database
Template attributes represent object properties.
you want to display in part labels.
- Select User-defined attribute in the Properties list.
- Click Add >. The Part label dialog box appears.
- Enter the user-defined attribute name exactly as it appears in the objects.inp file, or the template attribute name. For example, PRELIM_MARK.
- Click OK.
- In the Show for list, select for which parts you want to show the part labels.
- All : Part labels are shown for all parts in the view.
- Selected : Part labels are only shown for the parts you select.
- Main part for selected : Part labels are only shown for the main parts of the assemblies you select.
- Main part for all : Part labels are shown for all main parts of all assemblies.
Note that if you select the Selected or the Main part for selected option, you need to first apply the changes to the view when the view is selected. Then continue to select the objects for which you want to show the part labels.
- Click Modify.