Create object groups
You can group parts and other objects based on their properties. Use object groups to control the color and transparency of parts in the model. Object groups are also needed in model viewview that is represented in the modeling mode
Model view is available also in the drawing mode and it is represented in its own window.
filters, selection filters, Organizer filters, and with the Project Status Visualization tool.
Create an object group
- On the View tab, click Representation to open the Object Representation dialog box.
- Click Object group... to open the Object Group - Representation dialog box.
- Select an existing Object Groupmodel objects whose settings match the settings that the user has defined for a certain purpose
In Tekla Structures, an object group is defined by rules and conditions, for example, to control the transparency and coloring of model objects in the views. Object groups can also be used in filtering tools, for example in selection filter, to select all objects that match certain properties.
from the Save/Load list to create a modified version or click New filter to start without existing settings.
- Click Add row or continue to modify the settings on an existing row.
- Select options from the Category , Property , and Condition lists.
- In the Value list, enter a value or select one from the model.
The values can be complete strings, such as the profile name UC310*97. You can also use incomplete strings together with wildcards. For example, the value UC* will match with all parts whose profile name begins with the characters UC*. Empty values are matched to empty object propertiesproperties associated with an object type
Usually a single object property includes a default value that the user can modify.
If you use multiple values, separate the strings with blank spaces (for example, 12 5 ). If a value consists of multiple strings, enclose the entire value in quotation marks (for example, "custom panel" ), or use a question mark (for example, custom?panel ) to replace the space.
- Use the And/Or options and brackets to define how multiple rows work together.
- To temporarily disable rules without deleting them, you can deselect the check boxes in the first column of the row. Select the check box to re-enable the rule.
- Enter a unique name in the box next to the Save as button.
- Click Save as to save the object group.
Copy an object group to another model
- Select the object group you want to copy.
The object groups you have created are located in the model’s \attributes folder, and they have the file name extension .PObjGrp.
- Select where you want to copy the object group.
To make an object group available in another model, copy the file to the \attributes folder of the destination model.
To make an object group available in all models, copy the file to the project or firm folderfolder that is used for storing Tekla Structures-related files customized for a particular organization
A Tekla Structures user can, for example, customize a company’s cloning templates and save them in a sub-folder located under the firm folder. After this, the customized cloning templates can be used in all projects carried out for the company.
, defined by the advanced option XS_PROJECT or XS_FIRM.
- Restart Tekla Structures.
Delete an object group
- Delete the object group file located in the model’s \attributes folder.
Object groups have the file name extension *.PObjGrp.
- Restart Tekla Structures.