Get started with import and export formats
Tekla Structures is highly interoperable. If you need to exchange model informationinformation stored to the model
Model information covers, for example, model objects, and drawing and project information.
with users of other software or systems, you can import and export information in many standard fileproperty file that Tekla Structures uses by default
Standard files are used, for example, for loading frequently used values into the property pane or a dialog box.
Standard file name is standard.* where the symbol * is the file name extension. For example, standard.clm file is used for column properties.
formats or even establish a direct link with several other products.
- In most cases, the format used for the exchange is a general industry standard format supported by many different tools.
- Formats may be supported for import, export or both. See Compatible file formats and software with Tekla Structures for a listing. There you can also find tables of supported software listing the options you have for sharing data with many commonly used tools.
- When you are ready to exchange data, see Import to and export from Tekla Structures
- You can install new capabilities such as new import and export formats or direct links to other software from the Tekla Warehouse.
- If your organization has a capable programmer, you can even add your own customized import and export formats or direct links to other software and systems using Tekla Open API.