How to use Quick Launch to find commands, dialog boxes, and toolbars
Use the Quick Launch box in the upper-right corner of the screen to find commands, dialog boxes, toolbars, and other functions. The shortcut key for Quick Launch is Ctrl+Q.
- In the Quick Launch box , enter a search term.
For example, type bolt if you are looking for bolt commands.
- Wait for a list of search results to appear. For example:
The search results show the location of the command. You can navigate in the list by clicking the Recent , Ribbon , Menu , and All commands tabs. The Recent tab lists 10 most recently started commands from the search results.
Alternatively, you can navigate in the search results by using the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard. Start the selected command by clicking Enter.
Tekla Structures highlights the commands on the ribbon or on the File menu. For example:
If the command you have searched is in the side pane, Tekla Structures opens the side pane window.
- To run a command, click its name on the search results list.
Or press the Enter key to instantly run the first command on the list.
- For some basic settings and toolbars a check box appears in front them on the search results list. Click the command to activate the setting, or to have the toolbar visible.
- If you want to open the list of search results again, click the Quick Launch box and the list opens automatically.
To clear the Quick Launch box, click the button or press the Esc key.