Standard files are property files that Tekla Structures uses by default when you apply commands.
The standard properties are displayed in the property panecontrol element in Tekla Structures user interface in the form of a side pane window
The property pane can be used to show and modify the properties of model objects.
of different model objects, such as beams, columns or plates, or in the dialog boxes of, for example, drawing objects.
How to take standard files into use
- In the property pane: the properties are loaded when you select the standard option in the upper part of the property pane. The properties are in use immediately.
If the values that you loaded are different from the previous values, the property pane highlights the modified properties.
- In dialog boxes: the properties are loaded when you select the standard option in the list next to the Load button, and click the Load button.
Standard files are named standard.* where the symbol * is the file name extension. For example, standard.clm file is used for steel column properties. The user-defined attributes are saved with the standard files as *.more files. For example, standard.clm.more file is used for steel column user-defined attributes.
Tekla Structures reads the default standard files from the environment's system folder.
Save a set of standard files
If needed, you can save a set of standard files in the current modelmodel that is active in Tekla Structures
The current model can be a single-user model, a shared model or a working model.
's \attributes folder.
- To save a set of standard files, go to Quick Launch.
- Start typing save defaults.
- Select the Save defaults command from the list.
Tekla Structures saves the following list of standard and *.more files in the ..\TeklaStructuresModels\<model_name>\attributes folder:
Bent plate properties
Steel column properties
Contour plate properties
Orthogonal beam properties
Twin profile properties
Folded plate properties
Concrete item properties
Model view properties
Steel beam properties
- If you want to load the default property settings from the standard files that are saved in the attributes folder, go to Quick Launch and use the Load defaults command.
Create user-defined standard files
You can also create your own standard files. Tekla Structures saves the user-defined standard files in current model’s \attributes folder.
- To save a user-defined standard file, open the property pane or a dialog box whose properties you want to save as a standard file.
- Modify or enter the properties.
- Save the properties.
- In the property pane: enter standard as the name , and click.
- In a dialog box: in the box next to the Save as button, enter standard as the name , and click Save as.
Tekla Structures saves the standard file and the related *.more file in the current model’s \attributes folder. If a standard file with the same file name extension exists in the in the \attributes folder, Tekla Structures overwrites the previous file.
- When you want to load the standard file, select it from the list of the property files in the property pane or in a dialog box.
Alternatively, to load the default property settings from the standard files that are saved in the attributes folder, go to Quick Launch and use the Load defaults command.