Select objects to include in a report using GUIDs
You can select objects to be included in reports by using their GUIDs (globally unique identifiers).
- Create a template that is used for creating the report.
- On the File menu, click Editors > Template Editor .
- In Template Editortool in Tekla Structures that is used for creating and modifying templates to be used in drawings and reports
, click File > New .
- Select Textual template and click OK.
- Add a row for the GUID.
Click Insert > Component > Row .
Select a content typedetermination of which template attributes can be used in the template object value fields for a template component row
Content types are mainly based on object types.
for the row and clicking OK.
Click Insert > Text and enter the text guid: , Guid: or GUID:. Click OK.
This enables the selecting of objects in the model.
Click Insert > Value Field . Click a point to define the location of the field within the row. The Select Attribute dialog box appears prompting you to select an attribute for the value field.
Select the attribute GUID and click OK.
- Add the required amount of other rows in the template.
- Click File > Save As .
Enter a name for the template and browse the folder that has been defined for the advanced option XS_TEMPLATE_DIRECTORY. Use the file name extension .rpt.
- Create a report based on the report templatetemplate that is used for creating a report
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Reports.
- Select the report template you created from the list.
- Click Create from all.
Tekla Structures displays the report.
- Click a row that contains an GUID number in the report.
Tekla Structures selects the corresponding object in the active model viewview that is represented in the modeling mode
Model view is available also in the drawing mode and it is represented in its own window.