Updates to start screen, side pane, Quick Launch, and project properties
Tekla Structures 2019 comes with a renewed user interface. The Tekla Structures 2019 user interface introduces a new, neutral color scheme, emphasizing the clarity of the ribbon and icons. This new blue-based color scheme is in accordance with the color scheme of other Trimble products.
Start screen updates
The start screen of Tekla Structures 2019 has been updated.
- All tabs of the start screen now have their own dedicated views.
- There is a new Shared models tab that includes the Tekla Model Sharing models. If you want to open a model that has been shared by using Tekla Model Sharingcloud service for collaboration and for storing and sharing a model
Tekla Model Sharing is one of the Tekla online services.
, you need to be logged in with your Trimble Identityuser account to Tekla online services and other Trimble services
For a Tekla Structures user, Trimble Identity is a single sign-on account which enables the user’s online identity management. The organization that the user’s Trimble Identity belongs to, determines the user’s access rights. Trimble Identity is needed, for example, for Tekla Campus and Tekla Warehouse, and to log in to Tekla User Assistance.
- When you select a model on the Recent or on the All models tab, and the selected model does not have a thumbnail yet, a hyperlink is shown. When you click the hyperlink, Tekla Structures displays a message which gives instructions on how to create a thumbnail.
- When you select a model on the Recent or on the All models tab, the Open button has a small arrow that opens a drop-down menu that contains the Convert to multi-user model , Convert to single-user model or Exclude from sharing button, depending on the type of the model.
- On the Recent and All models tabs, you can sort each of the columns. Additionally, you can change the order and size of the columns by dragging them.
- If the Recent tab is empty, then the All models tab is shown.
If the All models tab is empty, then the New tab is shown.
- If you want to remove a model from the list of models on the Recent tab, right-click a model and select one of the options.
- Delete the selected item : remove the selected model from the list
- Clear all : remove all the models from the list
- Clear invalid entries : remove all invalid models from the list, such as deleted models that cannot be opened anymore
- On the New tab, you can hide the model templates that you do not need, or mark the important templates as favorites.
- Select a model templatemodel which is used as a basis for creating new models
The user can save a model including all its elements, such as object properties, certain settings, parts, and components, in a model template.
in the list.
- Right-click and select Favorite or Hidden.
If you marked a template as Favorite , it is placed on top of the template list. Alternatively, use the star icon on the template to mark it as Favorite , or to remove the marking.
If you marked a template as Hidden , it is removed from the template list. Select the Show hidden items check box to show it again.
- Select a model templatemodel which is used as a basis for creating new models
- If you have collapsed the side sections, such as Your current Tekla Structures setup and Notifications , the side sections now remember their collapsed state.
- New command line capabilities have been added. You can now create new models or open an autosaved version of the model by adding the target in the Tekla Structures shortcut.
Table 1. Open an existing model TeklaStructures.exe "C:\TeklaStructuresModels\My Existing Model" Open an existing model (autosaved) TeklaStructures.exe "C:\TeklaStructuresModels\My Existing Model" /autosaved Create a new model (no template) TeklaStructures.exe /create:"C:\TeklaStructuresModels\automatically created" Create a new model (with template) TeklaStructures.exe /create:"C:\TeklaStructuresModels\automatically created" /modelTemplate:"Cast-in-Place" Create a new multi-user model TeklaStructures.exe /create:"C:\TeklaStructuresModels\automatically created" /server:"my-server,1234"
Quick Launch updates
Quick Launch has been improved and redesigned for Tekla Structures 2019.
- Now the search results show the location of the command, and the commands are listed by the location. You can easily navigate in the search results by clicking the Recent , Ribbon , Menu , and All commands tabs. The Recent tab list the 10 most recently started commands from the search results, making it easier to access the most used commands repeatedly.
- You can navigate in the search results by using the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard. Start the selected command by clicking Enter.
- The search box is not cleared automatically anymore when you select a command from the search results list. The search word remains visible and when you click the search box, the previous search results list opens automatically. To clear the Quick Launch box, click the button or press the Esc key.
- If the command you have searched by using Quick Launch is in the side pane, Tekla Structures opens the side pane window if it is not open already.
- Commands and toolbars that can be switched on or off can now be switched on or off without closing the search results list.
- The Quick Launch search results on the ribbon, in the file menu, and in the side pane are highlighted with yellow color.
- The Quick Launch search list now lists separately the local Tekla Warehouseservice for collaboration and for storing and sharing Tekla Structures content
In Tekla Warehouse the content items are stored in collections. Tekla Warehouse includes the Tekla Warehouse Service and the Tekla Warehouse web site.
Tekla Warehouse is one of the Tekla online services.
collections, instead of listing all the local collections and local packages. The Tekla Warehouse search content is visible only if there are any search results to be shown. Quick Launch shows the number of found items on a button that opens the actual search in a web browser.
Side pane changes
Tekla Structures now opens only one side pane window at a time by default.
When you right-click a side pane button, you can select whether to use the Single pane or the Stacked panes option.
Single pane : Tekla Structures opens a new side pane window and closes all the other open side pane windows.
Stacked panes : Tekla Structures opens a new side pane window and keeps the other open side pane windows stacked on top of each other.
Alternatively, you can click Ctrl+side pane button to open the side pane windows stacked on top of each other.
Note that the Single pane or the Stacked panes options do not affect the floating panes. You can have one or more floating panes open while you are using the Single pane option.
New control for ribbon font size
You can now resize the ribbon font size. Use the Font size (Ribbon) slider in File > Settings > User interface to adjust the ribbon font size.
You can set the ribbon font size between 9p and 14p. The default font size is 11p. The setting is remembered when you close and start Tekla Structures.
New style for Project properties in the File menu
The Project properties in the File menu now works more like the property panecontrol element in Tekla Structures user interface in the form of a side pane window
The property pane can be used to show and modify the properties of model objects.
- You can now start modifying the text fields without first enabling the editing.
- The changed text fields are highlighted with a light yellow background color.
- When you have modified the Project properties , the Modify button becomes active. Click Modify to apply the changes.
New scalable icons
All commands, for example on the ribbon and in the file menu, now have scalable vector icons. Vector icons scale sharply to any size without the loss of quality.
Previously the commands only had either a small or a big raster icon available.