Tekla BIMsight and Tekla Web Viewer replaced by Trimble Connect for Desktop
Tekla BIMsight is approaching its end-of-life by the end of 2019. As of December 31, 2019, we discontinue to distribute, support and maintain Tekla BIMsight. You can still use it after that date.
As a substitute for Tekla BIMsight , you can use the Trimble Connect(1) Trimble’s platform for microservices in the cloud
(1) Trimble Connect platform’s microservices include services for uploading, storing, processing, and managing or consuming data. These services are meant to provide common solutions required by multiple applications.
(2) application for information sharing and collaboration for construction projects that is based on the Trimble Connect platform
(2) Reference models are used in Trimble Connect application instead of using import and export.
(2) Trimble Connect application includes web, desktop and mobile clients, and the Sync tool, for example.
for Desktop offline version (free of charge). It has most of the Tekla BIMsight functionalities and some new functionalities as well. See the comparison table below for the specific functionalities:
|Feature/Software||Trimble Connect for Desktop||Tekla BIMsight|
|Viewing multiple models|
|Customizable user interface|
|Enhanced 3D experience (directX)|
|Save model views|
|Object/Model coloring and transparency|
|Finding and grouping objects from models|
|Quantity by object group|
|Create notes (ToDos)|
|Sharing the aggregated project|
Check this video about Trimble Connect for Desktop features Trimble Connect Desktop Feature Overview.
To start using Trimble Connect for Desktop :
- In Tekla Structures, go to the Trimble Connect ribbon tab, and select Desktop.
- Log in to Trimble Connect for Desktop using your Trimble Identityuser account to Tekla online services and other Trimble services
For a Tekla Structures user, Trimble Identity is a single sign-on account which enables the user’s online identity management. The organization that the user’s Trimble Identity belongs to, determines the user’s access rights. Trimble Identity is needed, for example, for Tekla Campus and Tekla Warehouse, and to log in to Tekla User Assistance.
When you launch Trimble Connect for Desktop :
Trimble Connect for Desktop opens the desktop project attached to the current Tekla Structures model.
If you have not attached a project, Trimble Connect projects page is opened.
If you have not installed Trimble Connect for Desktop , the web page to download Trimble Connect for Desktop https://app.connect.trimble.com/tc/app#/store will be opened.
Tekla Web Viewer
We discontinue to support old Tekla Web Viewertool that enables the user to publish a model or parts of it in a certain web page format
Models published with web viewer can be viewed via the Internet using a web browser (for example, Internet Explorer).
in this version. Trimble Connect provides new, modern web technologies to replace the Tekla Web Viewer usage. We have multiple web technologies to be used, please visit this web page https://www.tekla.com/products/trimble-connect/getting-started/api-documentation for more information or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can start to explore Trimble Connect at https://connect.trimble.com. You can find more information here: https://www.tekla.com/products/trimble-connect/getting-started.