Radial grids and grid properties in the property pane
You can now create truly radial grids. Previously, you could create only rectangular grids. Use the radial grids when you model round or curved structures, such as round columns, towers, tanks, circular platforms, and so on. If needed, you can create a full 360 degree gridmodeling aid that represents a three-dimensional complex of horizontal and vertical planes
In Tekla Structures, grids are used as an aid in locating objects in a model. The grid is shown on the view plane by dash-and-dot lines. It is also possible to show grids and grid line labels in drawings, and to modify grid properties in the drawings.
It is possible to have more than one grid in a model. For example, a large-scale grid for the entire structure, and smaller grids for some detailed sections.
Additionally, now the properties of rectangular grids, radial grids, and single grid lines are accessed through the property panecontrol element in Tekla Structures user interface in the form of a side pane window
The property pane can be used to show and modify the properties of model objects.
- On the Edit tab, click Grid > Create radial grid .
Tekla Structures shows a preview of the grid.
You can modify the Radial grid properties in the property pane before inserting the grid. The grid preview changes according to the changes in the property pane.
- Pick a point in the model to indicate the origin of the grid, or click the middle mouse button to accept the Radial grid property pane values.
- If you pick an origin point to the grid, the grid is created using the properties in the property pane, and the origin is the location you picked.
- If you click the middle mouse button, the grid is created using the properties in the property pane, and to the origin defined in the property pane.
Modify radial grid
In addition to the Radial grid properties in the property pane, you can use direct modificationfunction that activates the mode where the model objects can be modified by using handles
Direct modification enables additional handles and modification options.
and the contextual toolbarfloating toolbar that contains commands for modifying the most common object properties
The user can customize the contextual toolbar.
The term mini toolbar is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
to modify radial grids. Ensure thatDirect modification is switched on.
- You can drag the arc lines to change the radius.
- You can drag the straight lines to change the angle.
- You can add new grid lines between the existing grid lines, both arc lines and straight lines.
- You can change the grid labels by using the contextual toolbar.
- You can change the radius and the angle by using the keyboard.
Property pane for grids and grid lines
Now the properties of rectangular grids, radial grids, and single grid lines are accessed through the property pane.
The grid properties now include Grid color and Label font size and color. Previously, these were available in advanced optionssettings used to customize Tekla Structures for specific companies, standards, users, or user groups
In Tekla Structures, advanced options are settings that are used, for example, in a specific project or geographical area, or by a specific company.
In Tekla Structures, advanced options usually begin with the initials XS and are followed by the name of the function, for example XS_BACKGROUND_COLOR.