Seam Applicator creates a seam between two double tee slabs, or between a double tee slabplate that represents a concrete structure
In Tekla Structures, a slab is created by picking three or more points.
Slab may be part of a floor, for example.
and a wallplate that represents a structure such as a wall or roof panel
In Tekla Structures, a panel is created by picking two or more points.
In cast-in-place concrete the term wall refers to a concept similar to panel.
or a spandrel. The double tees can also be warped and/or cambered. To be able to use Seam Applicator you need to have a custom seam. The custom seam can be created in the model, or it can be imported to the model.
Two double tee slabs with seams
Double tee slab and wall with seams
Before you start
Create a custom seam.
When you define the custom seam in Custom Component Wizard , make sure that you select the Allow multiple instances of connection between same parts checkbox on the Advanced tab.
Select the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
Select the secondary part(1) part that exists in a building object and that is connected to the main part
(1) Secondary part can be an assembly secondary part or a cast unit secondary part.
(2) input part that the user selects after selecting the component main part when creating a component
(2) A component can have none, one or more component secondary parts.
The seam is created automatically when the secondary part is selected.
One of the selected parts must be a double tee slab and the other part can be a double tee slab, a wall, or a spandrel.Note:
If the seam cannot be created between the selected parts for some reason, a dummy beam is created instead. The beam indicates that the seam creation did not succeed.