Undo modeling and drawing changes
The Undo history list helps you to check which commands and modifications you have done and undone, and to keep track of the changes. By selecting a command or an action in the Undo history dialog box, you can undo or redo several commands at one go, and thus go back and forth in the model history. Undo history is available both in the modeling and in the drawing modemode that is used for editing the appearance and content of drawings
Tekla Structures switches to the drawing mode when the user opens any drawing.
How to use Undo history
To open the Undo history dialog box, click the button on the Quick Access Toolbar, next to the Undo and Redo buttons. Alternatively, use Quick Launch to open the dialog box.
Click any row on the list.
If the undo operation takes a long time, Tekla Structures highlights the clicked row to show what was selected.
All the modifications you have done after the selected command are undone. The modifications you have undone have a dark gray background color in the list.
Redo previously undone commands
Click any row with a dark gray background color in the list.
All the modifications you have done before the selected command are redone.
Add a bookmark
Move your mouse pointer over any row. A bookmark iconis shown. Click the bookmark icon to mark certain commands.
Use the bookmarks to mark important commands or actions. You can later return to these commands or actions if the changes in the model are not satisfactory.
To remove a bookmark, click the bookmark iconagain.
The Undo history dialog box
- lists the commands you have run and modifications you have done, starting from the top of the list. The latest commands and modifications are at the bottom of the list.
- updates constantly according to the changes you make in the model or in the drawing.
- creates a hierarchy for some of the used commands. The hierarchy is created when you first run a command, then you undo some commands to a certain point in the list, and run another command.
The hierarchy is marked with an arrow in the list. You can undo or redo commands at any point in the hierarchy, making it possible to undo commands that you have previously redone.
This means that after you have undone a command, you can continue working with the model, and you still have the option to go back to the commands you have used first.
The Undo history list is cleared when you
- save a model
- open or close a drawing
- synchronize Organizertool that is used for categorizing and managing model information, object properties and object property queries, and model object classification
Organizer consists of two tools, object browser and categories.
with the model
- read in or write out model changes using Tekla Model Sharingcloud service for collaboration and for storing and sharing a model
Tekla Model Sharing is one of the Tekla online services.
- use CIS/2 or SDNF import commands.