Tips for selecting objects
Here are listed some tips that can help when you are selecting objects.
Switch rollover highlight on or off
By default, Tekla Structures highlights the objects that you can select. You can switch the highlighting on or off.
To switch the rollover highlight on or off, on the File menu, click Settings and select or clear the Rollover highlight check box. Alternatively, you can press H.
Depending on the rendering engine you are using, OpenGL or DirectX, Tekla Structures highlights the objects differently when rollover highlight is on.
In the example below, the rendering of parts is set to Parts shaded wireframe.
Tekla Structures highlights the objects by showing them with darker object color.
Tekla Structures highlights the objects by showing them with light edge line color.
Select on right-click
You can change the settings so that you can select objects also with the right mouse button.
- On the File menu, click Settings and select the following check boxes:
- Select on right-click
- Rollover highlight
- Right-click an object to select it. Tekla Structures highlights the object and shows the related shortcut menu.
If you cannot select objects
If you cannot select desired objects in the model, check the selection switches and the filter settings.
Interrupt object selection
You can have Tekla Structures interrupt the object selection process if the selection takes over a defined period of time. For example, if you are working on a large model and you accidentally select all or part of the model, you can interrupt the selection if it takes over 5000 milliseconds (5 seconds) to complete.
- Define the time after which Tekla Structures asks if you want to interrupt object selection.
- On the File menu, click Settings > Advanced Options and go to the Modeling Properties category.
- Modify the advanced option XS_OBJECT_SELECTION_CONFIRMATION.
The default value is 5000 milliseconds.
- Click OK.
- Select all or part of the model.
- When Tekla Structures asks if you want to interrupt object selection, click Cancel.