Select assemblies, cast units, and nested objects
You can select either assemblies or cast units, or single objects in nested assemblies or nested components.
Select assemblies and cast units
- Ensure that theSelect assemblies selection switch is active.
- Select a part.
Tekla Structures selects the entire cast unit or assembly that contains the selected part.
Select nested objects
You can select nested assemblies and components. The active selection switch defines on which level you start and toward which direction you move in the component or assembly hierarchy. The status bar shows the steps you take in the hierarchy.
- Ensure that the correct selection switch is active.
- : to start from the assemblies on the highest level, move to their sub-assemblies, and finally select single parts, bolts, and so on
- : to start from single objects and move to bigger and bigger nested assemblies
- : to start from the components on the highest level, move to their sub-components, and finally select single parts, bolts, and so on
- : to start from single objects and move to bigger and bigger nested components
- Hold down the Shift key.
- Scroll with the mouse wheel.
The orange highlighting indicates the assembly or component that you can select.