Example: Number parts in selected phases
This example shows how to number a model that consists of multiple phases, each phase having a different detailing and submittal schedule. This enables you to release drawings for a particular phase at any time.
Before you start, divide the model into phases.
To number parts in selected phases:
- Apply a specific numbering seriesset of identifiers defined by the user, based on which Tekla Structures compares parts, assemblies, cast units, or reinforcement with each other during the numbering and gives position numbers
Numbering series is defined by a prefix and a start number.
The user can, for example, allocate separate numbering series to different phases or part types.
prefix and start numberfirst number of a numbering series
for parts in each phase.
The beams in phase 1 get the numbering series prefix B and start number 1000.
The beams in phase 2 get the numbering series prefix B and start number 2000.
(1) Phase 1: green
(2) Phase 2: magenta
- Ensure that the numbering series are not overlapping.
For example, to avoid numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
overlaps with the beams in phase 2, phase 1 should not contain more than 1000 position numbers.
- Select the parts you want to number.Tip:
Use selection filters to easily select parts belonging to a certain phase or parts with a specific start number series. You can also use selection filters to ignore specific phases that are already completed or phases that are not ready for numbering.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Numbering settings > Numbering settings to open the Numbering Setup dialog box.
- Modify the numbering settings, and then click Apply.
- Select one of the parts you want to number.
- On the Drawings & reports tab, click Perform numbering > Number series of selected objects.
All parts belonging to the same numbering series as the selected part are numbered.