Define the cast unit type of a part
You must define the cast unit typeproperty of a concrete part in a cast unit that defines if the structure type of the part is precast or cast in place
of concrete parts. Tekla Structures checks the cast unit type of the main part(1) part that exists in a building object and that determines the position number for the assembly or cast unit and the direction of assembly or cast unit drawings
(1) Main part can be an assembly main part or a cast unit main part.
(2) input part that the user selects first when creating a component
(2) Connections and details always have a component main part.
each time you create or modify a cast unit. Precast and cast-in-place parts cannot be mixed within a cast unit.
- Double-click a concrete part to open the part properties in the property panecontrol element in Tekla Structures user interface in the form of a side pane window
The property pane can be used to show and modify the properties of model objects.
- Go to the Cast unit section.
- In the Cast unit list, select one of the following:
Cast in place
Cast units that are constructed fully in their final location.
Cast units that are built at another location and transported to their final location for placement in the full structure.
- Click Modify to save the changes.
It is important to use the correct cast unit type, because some functionalities, for example numberingprocess of assigning position numbers to parts, cast units, assemblies, or reinforcement
In Tekla Structures, the position numbers assigned in the numbering are shown in marks and templates, for example.
, are based on the cast unit type.