Define color and transparency settings
You can define color and transparency settings for parts and other model objects.
- On the View tab, click Representation to open the Object Representation dialog box.
- Click Add row.
- Select an object groupmodel objects whose settings match the settings that the user has defined for a certain purpose
In Tekla Structures, an object group is defined by rules and conditions, for example, to control the transparency and coloring of model objects in the views. Object groups can also be used in filtering tools, for example in selection filter, to select all objects that match certain properties.
from the Object group list.
- Use the Color list to define the color of the objects.
- Use the Transparency list to define the transparency of the objects.
- Repeat steps 3–5 for each row you add.
- Use the Move up and Move down buttons to change the order of the rows.
If an object belongs to several object groups, the color and transparency setting defined on the top row is applied to that object.
- Enter a unique name in the box next to the Save as button.
- Click Save as to save the settings.
If your setting does not contain the group All , Tekla Structures adds that row to the bottom of the list when you click Modify , Apply or OK.