Create a construction circle
You can create construction circles by picking three points in the 3D space in the model.
- On the Edit tab, click Construction object > Circle .
- On the contextual toolbarfloating toolbar that contains commands for modifying the most common object properties
The user can customize the contextual toolbar.
The term mini toolbar is used in Tekla Structures until version 21.1.
that appears, click a button to specify which set of points you want to pick.
- Click, and then pick three points: the center point, a point to define the radius, and a point to define the plane of the circle.
- Click, and then pick three points along the arc of the circle.
Tekla Structures creates the circle using the points you picked and using the current propertiesproperties related to an object type and applied to new objects of this type
In Tekla Structures, properties related to an object type are activated in the property pane or the dialog box.
. Tekla Structures also indicates the center point of the circle with an X in the model.
- To end the command, press Esc.
- To modify the construction circleconstruction object that represents a circle
properties, double-click the circle in the model.
The circle properties are shown in the property panecontrol element in Tekla Structures user interface in the form of a side pane window
The property pane can be used to show and modify the properties of model objects.
- Select a color for the circle.
- Select a line type for the circle.
- Click Modify to apply the changes.
Tekla Structures uses the new properties the next time you create an object of this type.